Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Better Read Than Dead

In the beginning of November, I was invited by Ottawa Arts Review to participate in a reading to kick off their latest issue for which I was a part of. The reading was held off campus at a great bar called Avant Garde and there were about 100 people in attendance. I was thrilled so many people showed up and also a bit nervous. This would be the largest crowd I had ever read for.

The reading went very well and I made some new connections in Canada. I was also invited to Umi Cafe in Ottawa's Chinatown. Umi is a cooperative coffee house that only sells fair traded beans. That night I read there was a fundraiser for Organic Farmers of Ottawa and I was proud to be able to share the stage with some great poets and musicians local to the area. I also learned a few things about organic farming in a spiritual sense.

I was also interviewed for the publication and asked to return again some time to read. It would be my greatest pleasure. It was the best reading I had done to date.

No comments: